Job Opportunity – Within Region
Junior Accountant, Winnipeg, Full time
Four Arrows Regional Health Authority Inc. requires a Junior Accountant to assist the Finance team with financial plans and policies, accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including monthly bank reconciliations. The pay range we’re offering is $40,000 – $50,000.
Four Arrows Regional Health Authority is dedicated to improving health conditions and health services in the Island Lake Region. Four Arrows Regional Health Authority Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits package, a professional and happy work environment and an opportunity to make a difference in Anishininew First Nations health.
Based in Winnipeg, this position has primary responsibilities in the financial administration of a small security service program serving the Renal Centre in Garden Hill Manitoba. Secondary responsibilities are supporting the Finance staff by providing assistance and relief in the day-to-day and month end administration of intermediate level accounting duties.
The Junior Accountant reports to the Director of Finance.
- Oversee the maintenance of books of account (including but not limited to preparing cheques, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations).
- Issuing cheques.
- Payment of invoices.
- Vendor relations.
- Payroll administration.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Filing reimbursement claims with the funder.
- Maintain the accounts payable system.
- Month end accounting routines and reconciliations.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
- Maintain up-to-date filing system to support book-keeping and financial records.
- Vacation coverage for the Intermediate Accountant.
- Post-secondary education or certificate in accounting, finance or related field required.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting.
- 2+ years of experience in computerized accounting systems. Sage 300 and Ceridian preferred.
- Experience in computerized payroll and accounts payable.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Understanding of Indigenous culture, traditions and practices.
- Fluency in the Ansininew language an asset.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Preference will be given to Island Lake First Nation members.
- Occasional travel may be required
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the position and 3 references to:
Raquel Koenig, Human Resources Coordinator
Four Arrows Regional Health Authority
500-338 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 0T2
Phone: (204) 947-2397
Fax: (204) 982-3359
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check upon hiring.